HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

It is I! Sinistrell!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sinistrell

PostSubject: It is I! Sinistrell!   Wed May 14, 2008 3:58 am

Hey guys Smile

So, my in-game name is Sinistrell (I can hear some of you thinking "no shit! Sherlock?), and indeed... no shit!
So... I only joined the kin quite recently, the third of may I believe, and I have enjoyed every bit of.
Now, as some of you know I have Age of Conan on pre-order and my lotro account will run out may 16, so I'm likely not to upgrade it anymore.

Anyways, I still felt like introducing myself heheh, so here I am, writing all this Razz

I live in Amsterdam, proud capital of Dutchlantis Razz and I am 20 years of age atm. I am going to uni starting september, doing Games Design and Development at the Hogeschool voor de Kunsten, Utrecht (Highschool for the Arts, Utrecht). So it's not really a university, yet it is... Dutch system, doesn't resemble any other... don't bother asking Razz.

I've always been into games ever since my mom bought me a Super Nintendo (I still sometimes get the feeling that's what she regrets most in life Razz kek) but oh well, I enjoy it a lot and every man has to have a hobby, riiiiiight? Razz
Next to me being a HUGE Simcity fan (F*ck Simcity Societies!! rip-off of the series!!! lawl!) I am also an admirer of the Age of Empires games, and then the first one mainly. Nowadays I tend to spend most time playing MMORPG's such as lotro.

My first ever MMO was Runescape, great game, loads of skills to train, and even though it was graphically crap, so were all other games all those years ago when I played it Razz. I still think they should make it into 3D like lotro, that would rock hehe.

After playing Runescape for a fat 3,5 years (I always said I'd never quit... no comment) I was so enthusiastic about WoW that I decided to buy that game. Before I knew it I was totally hooked and cancelled my Runescape account. The storyline, the gameplay, the graphics... it really was quite overwhelming to me and I played it for 1,5 years straight, even ran my own high-end guild on the EU-Hellscream server, which at some point ranked 5th. I really still miss that sometimes as I have rarely had so much fun in a game and such a great community to play with. It really felt like my on-line family and everybody else in the guild felt the same. That really did set us apart from all other high-end guilds in the game where most people only seemed to care about gold pieces and epic loot.

After those 1,5 years WoW got boring, I suppose it's a natural thing that will inevitably come for every game eventually, so I decided I wanted a change of flavour. I was in an incredible Sci-Fi mood while being bored at WoW and here I had an e-mail all of a sudden, from Gamespot, with and ad in it for EVE-online... so guess what. Before I knew it I had cancelled my WoW membership and was totally hooked to EVE. It was such a different game from WoW that it felt right instantly, I really needed a fresh breeze at that time. I've been playing EVE-online ever since, about 1,5 years now too, and again I am about to cancel that game as well as it has gotten a bit old by now. I did play WoW in between for 3 months again as the Burning Crusade got me hooked all over, but as it was just more of the good old same, after those 3 months I lost interest again.

Another game I played in between was Tabula Rasa.. this one lasted for 2 months. I loved the mix between EVE-online and WoW, but the game was just too empty for me, all missions were technically the same and the areas were not quite diverse enough. It's a shame really, because the storyline is awesome.

Last march (this year) I had to go through quite a tough few weeks as I had my admission day upcoming for the HKU, and only one in every ten sign-ups gets admitted, so I really had to step up and make something out of it. I had built up a small portfolio already as I had been working on learning photoshop ever since I got back from Singapore in august 2007, so I had something to show them. I decided I wanted to do some 3DsMax too, as someone at an open day at the HKU had said that diversity was really important.. so who was I to ignore that comment? I ended up having a small but diverse portfolio, at least one that showed I had learned a lot in those few months I had really had the time to work on it all. In march I was in the middle of setting up my own corporation (guild/kin.. you know) in EVE-online so the timing could not have been worse (this is a curse upon my person that will never be lifted, it happens all the time! >.<). I decided I really had to blow the jury away with something special, so I ended up creating a skyscraper (simcity fetish) structure of 1,20m tall on which I would show my portfolio. I also had to make a small boardgame as an assignment so that I was working on as well. Anyways, the idea for the tower came from times square in NYC, I wanted it to be as if my portfolio was shown on one of those towers in the monitors, so that's what I did. I amde that tower, created frames and stuck them on to that tower, it was hellish, took me multiple days of hard continuous work ( as in 8am to 12pm/1am again) for about a week. The boardgame was finished in time and with my meager photoshop skills I created a board that I thought suited the game just nicely.
Here I was at the selection day, almost too late because of horrible traffic jams that day (apparently I was not the only one heheh), but I was in time nonetheless.
-why am I writing all this lol?-
In the end I was invited for an interview with the jury and three weeks later I got the letter that I was admitted. It felt like I had passed my exams all over again.
In the meantime I had been gone from EVE for almost 3 weeks and my corporation was more or less dead, so I decided to pull the trigger just a few days ago and move my still active members into my old corp, which I know is nice and does actually function Razz
Almost a month ago now I decided I needed more fantasy to dispose of my boredom but WoW was just not a consideration.. been there.. done that... blegh! So I ordered lotro. It really is a fun game but it does actually stand in stark contrast to WoW, which is just so much... well... more... in every aspect, more regions, more cities, more things to do, more skills, better storyline, more detail in everything... I just really miss that in lotro.
Only two weeks after starting with lotro I discovered Age of Conan as the hype finally reached my mailbox and games magazines too. I was sort of sold immediately, also because it will finally be possible to have player built cities in an MMO.. (see the Simcity thing again? Makes sense now? WoW.. Simcity.. MMO... Indeed... winning formula for mister Sinistrell). I had quite a bad start in lotro as the first kin I joined apparently had a wacky leader as I found myself kicked within 4 days of membership. The guy who recruited me (Confoushios) and I had become well befriended and apparently their kinleader had done this many times before, so he told me, so I decided to make sure he knew my thoughts about the way he handled it (I was kicked overnight, after I had a fun conversation with that same leader right before I logged out) but apparently "I had taken it too far with my silly comments". Nobody else in the kin had any idea why I would be kicked either. All in all, it was a lame way to get booted and I told him. I had screenshots of the entire conversation I had with him the day after and decided to take action as that conversation was just as full of crap as the whole event that went ahead of it. My mother always taught me to stand up for myself so that's what I did... Now don't ask me what all happened after that as I had kept my head low toward that kin ever since, but apparently my actions did set off an interesting chain of reactions. His girlfriend, who was co-leader of the kin, has broken up with him, and the leader quit lotro altogether. It seems Sinistrell has wrecked a happy home, if at all that was not just a facade of mister kinleader. Anyhow, all this crap for a first two weeks of lotro really didn't help as I have been feeling a bit guilty ever since, even though I realize it's not my fault.
The next kin I joined was less fun, was a bit silent, but that didn't seem to matter as I got kicked from that one on the second day of membership. I was in a group in the Barrow Downs doing the Great Barrow with jo and some more, where one of the kin members kept needing items while they really were greed items. We warned him a few times, he kept doing it, so as groupleader I felt responsible and kicked him from the fellowship. Jo was pleased.. he was not. The second I dismiss him he logs out, I see another character in the kin log in, and before I knew it I was banned from that kin too. I again confronted him with this bullcrap and it turned out he himself was the kinleader. Obviously I knew enough and as I had enjoyed my grouping with jo I asked if he maybe had an extra spot , after he had dropped a few such hints in fellowchat.

So, here I am, in you kin, writing the biggest introduction post ever, two days before my lotro account runs out. I really wonder if you all took the time to read this wall of text of biblical proportions.. heheheh. I'm goingto have fun hearing the comments, I'm sure of that.

I really do wish to stay in touch with you lot even after I switch to AoC as I am not planning to quit lotro entirely, I may just renew membership at some point and level up to 50, as I haven't accomplished that yet (30 now). The recruiter from my first kin, Confoushios, is joining me in AoC and so is a friend of mine from rl, and we've decided to start a guild there. At this moment I am working on a website for it so it will be ready to serve us before launch. We really want to be the first there to have a guild, a guildcity, everything..
Anyways, I will still be around lotro for the coming two days and I'll check back on the forums every now and then to keep myself up to date on things, and we'll see what happens then.

Well, cya, have fun, good luck, etc. Razz

-Sinistrell

Last edited by Sinistrell on Wed May 14, 2008 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adas

PostSubject: Re: It is I! Sinistrell!   Wed May 14, 2008 4:25 am

I read "So, my in-game name is Sinistrell " and "Well, cya, have fun, good luck, etc." (skipped the middle-part) Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
murawen

PostSubject: Re: It is I! Sinistrell!   Wed May 14, 2008 6:42 am

Hahah, this is indeed the longest introduction i've ever read. (i read it all Razz )

It's a shame you are gonna leave, and i hope you will come back at one point.

You will be missed Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
landoran

PostSubject: Re: It is I! Sinistrell!   Wed May 14, 2008 10:17 am

That's definitely a long post (i read most), well enjoy your new game and come back someday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.albumfire.com
baravorn

PostSubject: Re: It is I! Sinistrell!   Thu May 15, 2008 3:26 am

Embarassed phew
(what an intro)
just read all your story Sin although we didnt really meet ingame it sounds like you've had an interesting time with LOTRO.
hope you have fun with AoC and see you around maybe Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arveduin!! Yeah Baby ;)!!

PostSubject: I got lost!   Thu May 15, 2008 9:58 am

Hehe, read the first bit, scrolled down then the i got flash backs of my 3 hour exam and it just went black...., but all i got was tht ure one sick gamer Smile and we love it lol!! But good luck with AoC, ive recently cancelled my pre-order as i like Lotro 2 much now!! But tht intro was crazy haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arveduin!! Yeah Baby ;)!!

PostSubject: Re: It is I! Sinistrell!   Thu May 15, 2008 10:01 am

Sini "why am I writing all this lol?-" haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masdorin

PostSubject: Re: It is I! Sinistrell!   Fri May 16, 2008 3:05 pm

Cya sin u were a cool dude! Cool

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.templar.actieforum.com
rexface

PostSubject: Re: It is I! Sinistrell!   Fri May 16, 2008 3:32 pm

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong post Sleep soz diddnt read single bit it was soooooooooooooooooooooo looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong Sleep but bye anyway we gotta stop playing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It is I! Sinistrell!   

Back to top Go down

It is I! Sinistrell!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: News and General discussion :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: