HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ettenmoors

Go down 
AuthorMessage
xElfidanx

PostSubject: Ettenmoors   Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:03 pm

Elfidan being my first lvl 50 character I am a complete beginner when it comes to end game content. One thing dat is completly new to me is the ettenmoors. U dont no how many people hav told me its a nightmare but i would like some of the armour that u can get. However I am dont no much about it. I looked around the camp and it is a bit different compared to the rest of the game when i was leveling. If anybody has a tips or knows any good guides for "newbie's" in the ettenmoors then it will be much appreciated. Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arveduin!! Yeah Baby ;)!!

PostSubject: Re: Ettenmoors   Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:54 am

Hey Elfi, yer Ettens is quite a change from the usual lotro maps. Its generally not a leveling area, its all about PvP, which is battles, the cool thing is u get like 24 players Vs 24 players more or less every night so lots of awesome action! As soon as u get to the Ettenmoors, u gna have to put a shout out for a Raid invite, other wise ur just gonna get ur arse kicked if u wander outside of the Group lol.
Out of all my time in lotro.. have to say ettenmoors is far the best place to be. It doesnt get boring, going back and forth collected " Warg Hides" for sum homeless people if u get my jist Smile.
Hopefully i will be back up and running this week, so if ur online m8, more than happy to have a blast and kill come Creepsies *Which are the Monster players Very Happy*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
murawen

PostSubject: Re: Ettenmoors   Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:57 am

Hey arve, WHERE ARE YOU???????

Beginning to miss your radiant appearence Smile

flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xElfidanx

PostSubject: Re: Ettenmoors   Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:17 pm

thanks arv! that helps a lot! yeh i would love to kick ass there lol!!!! lol! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katya
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Ettenmoors   Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:35 pm

hey elfi - Em is alot different to the main game, for a start as a tank u cant expect to get aggro and hold it anymore as ur not fighting mobs. 2 words u gotta know straight away are: Creeps and freeps. Creeps are monster players and freeps are us - lol

there are 5 keeps in the EM which can be fought over and ownership won or lost. These keeps are important as they determine who can enter the Ettendeep. To be able to enter the Ettendeep ur faction (creep or freep) must control 3 of the 5 keeps.

Now ur probably wondering what the Ettendeep is...well it is an instance inside the ettenmoors where u will need to go to collect stones. These stones are important as u have to barter them to get the armour pieces. There are 3 types of stone, 1 is very common, 1 is fairly common, and 1 is rare - u will need a collection of all 3 stones for each piece of armour u want to get.

As well as needing stones to barter for the armour, u also need to be a certain rank for each armour piece ( a bit like a lvl 30 cant wear lvl47 armour in main game). To get rank all u have to do is keep killing creeps - lol.

As arve has already mentioned, EM is not a place to go solo, so as soon as u get there, put a shout out over the OOC for a raid, u should get invited to a raid - then u meet up with them and start killing as many creeps as u can - hehe. if the leader of the raid is good, u will get much renown (which builds ur rank up) if the leader isnt good, u will make slow progress.

as well as trying to get renown (to increase ur rank) there are also stars.....stars are based upon ur kill/death ratio - the more u kill without being killed, the more stars u have. Stars have no bearing upon the game ( other than make u feel good) so it is a good idea to try and not get to hung up on having stars.

other than that - the best way to learn about EM is to go there and get in a raid and enjoy it - as a tank the creeps wont want to take u on much coz ur hp is high...creeps prefer minstrels and LM's - lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xElfidanx

PostSubject: Re: Ettenmoors   Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:55 am

Thanks Kat! That really helps. Especially about the Ettendeep because i was about to ask how i get the rocks for the armour. I asume that glory rank just means normal ranks. Sorry i do get easily confused lol!! Laughing I have been in the EM once nd got up da first rank but had no idea how 2 get rocks! so thanks again!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yurglar

PostSubject: Re: Ettenmoors   Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:31 am

Hi Elfi

Im quite new in your kin but im an EM addicted geek (altought i have only started it 1 month ago), so i can help you with some tips:

1-Only solo if you are a hunter or a burglar, and donŽt try to get smart and find new ways to solo...

2-Join to big raids but if there are two giant raids in the same place donŽt join any of them cause you will not get any renown.

3-Kill healers first and if you are a raid assist target, focus on them. Healer= Defilers and WLŽs

4-Follow the others. This one is VERY IMPORTANT, otherwise youŽll be easily ganked (gank means ambush) by small groups of creeps.

5-PvMP armour is great! You are wise to try to get it, because almost no1 has it and youŽll be honered by your effort.
Im a tank and altought rift armour gives me more morale, Hlifworth (PvMP guardian armour) gives me an almost 90% to block incoming atacks which is amazing!
Btw, i donŽt have the full armour but im omw to do it Razz

6-Here are some helpfull links about the EM and ED (armour too):

https://redcdn.net/ihimizer/img243/4107/ettenmoorarmorlz2.jpg »This one is the PvMP armour look.

http://lotro.tentonhammer.com/maps/ettenmoors.jpg »A great map to know the keeps name.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=145339 »A thread about which one is best rift armour or EM armour (for guardians xD)

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=114853 and another thread

For more information...searc in Google Smile !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xElfidanx

PostSubject: Re: Ettenmoors   Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:28 am

hey thanx guys the information has been really helpful nd im started to understand it a bit better now Very Happy

i have been in the ettenmoors twice now (one thanks to Arv) and i am not an esquire. Laughing

However i would like to no about the ettenmoor like i asume u dont go in as a big raid, nd havent seen people talkin about it at all really. So like how do u get in?? scratch cos i would really like to start collecting some of the barter stones
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katya
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Ettenmoors   Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:21 am

to get in the ED (ettendeep) just watch for shout-outs once ur in EM. U can pretty much guarentee there will be a shout out if the creeps have been controlling 3/5 towers and then freeps take some back. Other than that - start ur own shout out - if there is at least 1 big raid it is pretty easy to get a f/s for ED

A WORD OF CAUTION>>>>>>

Both freeps and creeps go into the ED, if the creeps have been controlling it and then it comes into freep control, be careful if u go in there quite soon after. U do not get expelled from the ED instance if ur faction loses the right to enter. I have been in there a fair amount of times as a freep when there has also been a creep f/s in there.....The wargs will stalk u and wait until u are fighting a boss, they will then stun ur mincer and let the boss finish u off....Sad or, the creep f/s will wait until u are fighting the boss and then attack. If a creep f/s kills u in the ED it still counts on ur kill/death ratio

For loot rule a roll/pass rule is mostly used, and many ppl agree to a 'roll for a rare stone until u have one' basis. Dull stones are most common, and it is easy to collect 30+ in one visit, Glimmering stones are next and again, easy to collect, about 10-20 in 1 visit, Luminous stones are rare....only the bosses drop them (but there are about 10 bosses in ED and they respawn), the luminous stones are the ones that ppl are really after. As said before, many ppl agree to roll for luminous stones until they get 1, then stop rolling. Once all in the f/s have a luminous stone u all start rolling again. It is possible to get 2-4 stones in a visit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ettenmoors   

Back to top Go down

Ettenmoors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: News and General discussion :: General discussion-
Jump to: