Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ok then guys i need content :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
atrox

ok then guys i need content :) Empty
PostSubject: ok then guys i need content :)   ok then guys i need content :) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:50 pm

first off its ok making a frontpage and stuff for the kin but what do we want in the front page?

to start I need you to write us a brief history and an intro to the kin, make it about 500 words please:)

secondly, i need all the links to all the usefull sites that we all use as players, no point having loads of favourites when we can have 1 page to look up them all Smile

thirdly, i noticed we have a shoutbox on the forum, how about I get a shoutbox and code it straight into the front page, that way even if no-one wants to go to the forum we can still talk real time on the main page?

and last but not least, am gonna set up a free account, with a host like bravenet while i build the site, that way i can access it anytime due to me only getting access to my servers abnout once a week, and once we are all happy with the site then, i shall put it up on one of my servers with our own unique url, will probably be www.templar-kin.com or templar-kin.eu

Also i will set up the teamspeak server with a static ip address on sunday and will post that in here and on the new site as soon as i have done it, it will be the kins permanent teamspeak server Smile

So guys get to work and lets get this thing moving Smile
Back to top Go down
atrox

PostSubject: Re: ok then guys i need content :)   ok then guys i need content :) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:57 pm

to start things off our temporary site will be www.templar-kin.bravehost.com so remember that, I will put up a basic page for now until i get more time to work on the proper page Smile
Back to top Go down
atrox

PostSubject: Re: ok then guys i need content :)   ok then guys i need content :) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 8:54 pm

ok then, I am not paying to put a forum on a free site so for now I am going to give everyone access to the hosting site so any changes that need to be done to the page can be done by anyone Smile that way the site gets to be what the kin wants before I host it properly, I will set the forum up on one of my servers sunday/monday and link it to the free site for now.

anyways to edit the site go to www.bravenet.com, the username is merrydown and the password is nirvana1, make any changes for now until we get it like we want it, i can do any touch ups later, remember this is just the kin getting the layout etc as we all want it:) I will back the page up to my main comp every day asnd when we are all happy with the main page I will delete the bravenet account and whack it up on one of my servers to join everything else, that way, there wont be any real need to worry too much about the page after that, and i can set ppl to look after the forum from my end.

So in short guys get your thinking caps on and do what you like with the page for now:)

Am positive its gonna end up absolutely awesome:)
Back to top Go down
Adas

Adas

PostSubject: Re: ok then guys i need content :)   ok then guys i need content :) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 5:32 am

Great job atrox Very Happy
Back to top Go down
katya
Leader
katya

PostSubject: Re: ok then guys i need content :)   ok then guys i need content :) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:22 pm

hi atrox, i know i've said it b4 but...u are a legend king

History of templar:

Well, i suppose im the one that knows the history of the kin the best as i was the 2nd person in the kin after the founder. It all started back in sept/oct of 2007. I was a measly lvl 18-20 on my 1st toon and joined an LFF for an early Lonelands quest. There were 4 of us in the fellowship, a tank, minstrel, champ and myself (hunter). We all got on really well and proceded to carry on and spend the whole afternoon questing together. At this point the tank, a guy called Johanconnor, said he was gonna start a kin, and did we all want to join. We all said yes, why not. So jo went to a clerk and formed the kinship 'Templar', and then proceded to invite us into the kin.

At first, being a new kin, all we really did was get together and quest together. It was a good little group and we were often on at the same time. So for a while Templar consisted of 4 people. Johanconnor - tank and founder, Malekthir - hunter, Tinufel - champ and Sindanor - minstrel. Slowly as we played and levelled up a bit we obviously met new people and some of them were recruited and joined the kin.

Jo was a fairly relaxed player and so the kin just sorta bubbled along for quite a few months, some people left, some people joined but the kin just maintained a 'small little band of people' atmosphere. There wasnt much recruiting or development of the kin for quite a few months, and i think our main problem was the lure of the big kins.

That changed once we got to the rank where we could buy a kinhouse. All of a sudden the kin seemed to take on a life that was bigger and grander than just logging and questing. At this time, unfortunately, tinufel had left the kin and joined a bigger one, and sindanor had left the game. But the kin had grown...there were alot more players in the kin, although still very little structure to the kin.

Templar had always felt like a very social kin, people just getting on with the serious business of having a chat and a laugh and killing as many mobs as possible, and because we were still quite small, everyone was crafting things for each other. This seemed like the basis we wanted to keep for the kin.

So slowly a little more structure was added...members were promoted to officer and more players were recruited (although we never used the OOC to recruit) preferring to recruit people once we had done a quest or two with them.

Thats how it continued really until the day that Jo was unable to continue playing and the leadership of the kin was passed to me on Katya. I have always tried to maintain the friendly atmosphere and hope that everyone is happy in the kin and feels like they know lots of other people in the kin. I also hope that people feel like they can ask for help, advice, crafted items and that people are glad to see them log in.

Because thats all its about really, a group of friends getting together for a good time. We may be hundreds of mile apart...in different countries all over Europe, but we're Templars, and i want everyone to feel happy, appreciated and welcome.
Back to top Go down
murawen

murawen

PostSubject: Re: ok then guys i need content :)   ok then guys i need content :) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:48 am

Very Happy That's beautifully said.

I indeed really like it in this kin and........ (kat cover your eyes)
I think kat is doing a great job Cool

flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ok then guys i need content :)   ok then guys i need content :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ok then guys i need content :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: News and General discussion :: Announcements-
Jump to: